We have the General Elections 2009 and its a decision time for every individual and also for each one of us in the Business. The course of today's elections are going to define the way we see our businesses in future.
Each Employer/business owner/Business Professional has multiple responsibility towards the Future of India. You can plan to send in a note covering the importance of voting to employees, that pave way to contribute to the future of India. You play different roles:
- Role as a Voter ( I am sure each one of you would take your time to vote for a good cause and for our future)
- Role of Victim/Beneficiary
- Role of Encouraging our people to VOTE
As part of helping the employees to vote it is required to give a time off for casting their vote before turning up to office. Few methods to adapt are as below :
- As an organisation one can decide to start the work with a 1 hour delay ( by encouraging the employees to cast their vote in first hour and report to office)
- Provide for a 1-2 hours of break during the election day based on the date.
- For any others who have to cast their votes in other parts of the country - support them by allowing to use their respective leave balances.
This time the awareness is definitely very much in every part of the country/states/grassroot level... We hope for a better output with the involvement of all educated voter casting their right.
Happy Elections... Happy Future......