There is generally an excitement of a New Year everytime. With the current market conditions and also the way the businesses are running currently, this year is going to be special to every employee/Associate..... The Employees/Associates who work with each of the organisation have various influences within themselves and also from their social influence.
You as a head of the organization can send a note to all the employees/Associates about the business in the last year and expectations for the coming year.
You may want to cover some of the below and more......
- Business Scenario in your industry/competitors
- Some of the key Highlights of the year
- Some of the challenges faced by the organisations and how you have overcome
- also mention key contributions (IF you are sure of 100% measurable) of few associates/employees
Also write a note on the expectations for future in 2009 and hint any possible changes/challenges you may foresee... These are very few thought to generate an Idea... you can be as creative to ensure you want to speak your mind........
This note would help the employer the following ways:
- Work as an appreciation for the efforts and focus of Associates/Employees
- Set the business realities update with employees/associates,
- Set an expectation at large from a corporate perspective
- It would help the employees/associates to set their own expectations in order and which are close to realities of your own business
- This would also set stage for any change that you may bring during the next year.
All the best for year 2009......